Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Provera stopped 5 days ago and still no period
    Hi all,
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in late June. My OBGYN gave me Provera 15 mg to take for 6 days. She said that I should start my period 3 days from the last day of taking the meds. I stopped on Saturday. But as of today I still have not gotten my period. I have a call into my dr. But, I was wondering what experiences others have had with Provera. Is this normal? I am sort of concerned...
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I got two shots of provera over a 2 week time span and it took me about a day to get my period after the shot, so if it took me a day after the shot , then I can only imagine that it might take a few days with the pills, I wouldn't really worry too much seeing as how you have called your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Tuscany, the stuff never worked for me. I was on Provera and Premera, I think it is now PremPro. Never got it to start my period.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Oh OK J.

Thanks for letting me know... that makes me feel better!
    RBour Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
    I used it.. and I usually got my period about 5ish days after.. but really no sooner
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Thanks everyone. I did get it on Saturday. I have an appointment next Tuesday with my OBGYN to discuss the "next step." Keep your fingers crossed. I am dying to get pregnant.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Oh, Tuscany!! YAY, I am glad you got it!

I'll keep my fingers AND toes crossed for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I...

Getting period after Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 years old and I have been off the Depo Provera since June 2006. I was on it for 5 years. I got my period in August 2006 and have had one every month since then. They are fairly regular, yet sometimes, the run 28 days, other times 32. One month I was 10 days late, but for the most part,...

My dogs head started like twitching back and forth 2 days ago and still does it. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is about 16months old and 2 days ago she was laying on the ground and her head would start shaking back and forth and then stop and then start. Could this be series I've taken her to the vet so many times already because she's had skin problems. Could she be getting to many vitamins or not...

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search