Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:34 AM
    When do I ovulate
    When charting your BBT can you tell when you are about to ovulate or can you only tel when you have already ovulated. I know about cervical mucus but don't really undertand the BBT.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I understand it to be that when you are ovulating your BBT will be increased?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
    BBT will only let you see if you ovulated or not.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:19 PM
    If you are only charting your BBT, that will only tell you when you have already ovulated at which point it is usually too late to conceive that cycle because your egg starts to breakdown rather quickly.

When you ovulate, your body produces progesterone which is a heat-emitting hormone that causes your BBT to rise. BBT charting is only used as a guideline to see if your temp rises at the same day in your cycle each month... that way you will be able to predict that you are going to ovulate, it is also used in combo with ovulation test to be certain that you did in fact ovulate.

I HIGHLY recommend you getting the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. I have it, and it goes indepth about BBT charting along with other signs of ovulation.

You will have to chart for about 3-4 months with BBT to see if your temp rises on the same day of your cycle... this will be the only way you will be able to predict ovulating during future cycles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get an idea of when I ovulate [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I am new to this site I saw it thought id check it out and get opinions from others. Its nice to hear what other people think/know. My husband and I stopped using birth control its been almost 4 months since I've been off it. We've decided its time to start a family if we can that is. I...

When are you supposed to ovulate? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and still nothing has happened... I need advice

Ovulate today. [ 1 Answers ]

According to all the 'predictors' I ovulate today, me and significant other had sex Friday and Saturday. I was told that it's best to do it a few days before and after ovulation. Is this correct?:confused:

When do I Ovulate? [ 2 Answers ]

Someone please see my period dates and help me find when I ovulate.Ovulation kit doesn't seem to work for me. 11-Mar-06 13-Apr-06 33 18-May-06 35 20-Jun-06 33 23-Jul-06 33...

When do I ovulate? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period on June 2 when should I start ovualting? My period comes every 24-26 days and lasts 3-4 days..

View more questions Search