Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrj Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
    All right, what's up with this?
    Hello everyone!

I am 19 years old, an athlete, and I have the worst pms symptoms! It seems like something bad always happens when I get my period. In grade school through the beginning of high school, I would get horrible migraines. I was very sensitive to sound and light especially. I would stay in my room all day and cry and try to fall asleep. Towards the end of high school until now, I get really bad cramps the day my period starts. They are so bad that I feel like I am going to throw up from them, but I never have. Now when my period starts and I get my cramps, I feel like I am going to pass out. This morning I got my period, and when I hopped in the shower, I got cramps so bad that I first felt like I was going to throw up, so I turned the shower on super cold and closed my eyes, and then I felt really dizzy so I turned off the shower and laid down in the tub for a long time.

Now, I really don't think all of these symptoms are normal. Although they only happen on the first day that my period starts, I still don't think that they should be that severe. When I went to the doctor for a checkup I discussed this with him and he suggested that I went to the gyno. I am all for that. However, my mom, being conservative ( I guess?), just laughs it off every time I tell her that I want to go to the doctor. I really don't think that she will let me go on birth control, which makes me mad! So, do you girls (or even boys!) have any advice on how to lesson these cramps? I have tried tylenol, motron, and alieve, but nothing seems to work.

Sorry for the novel! I was just trying to be thorough! Thanks for the advice in advance! :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
    I've known a few people who had very bad premenstrual symptoms... to the point of missing school every month on the first day of their period. Have you tried any of the products specifically for pms such as Midol or Pampren? There are some herbal supplements that might help as well you can discuss with your doctor. Even certain foods will worsen some symptoms for some women. Different things work for different people. Since you are 19, you could make an appointment on your own for the gynecologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it all right ? [ 8 Answers ]

I've knowen this guy for a couple of years now, we have been very close and I'm starting to fall in love with him but he's 11 or 12 years older then me. So what should I do, is it really OK to go out with him or not ? Please answer before he asks me.

Is my BP executive summary all right? [ 2 Answers ]

Business plan 1.1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Enhle Industries is a wooden products manufacturing company established In 2004, and located about 100 km from Gaborone, in the village of Kanye in Botswana. It is doing business in the catering Industry. The Company exists to design,...

All right.this is already looking bad! [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: I was browsing the internet when I saw a post about the V-Tech shooter. Apparently he wrote down "Ismael Ax" on his arms and on the package he sent to NBC. People are now linking him to a terrorist organization. I even saw one post where someone said that the entire nation of Islam should be...

All right movie buffs. [ 1 Answers ]

Need the titles of two movies... One was about a girl who inheirits a house and moves in with her boyfriend. I was real.y young when I saw this, so it was late 80s early 90s. She thinks the house is haunted and goes to the library to see what she can find out about it. The part I remember most...

All right, what did I do wrong? [ 23 Answers ]

This woman has been interested in me for a couple of weeks. I've been playing it cool, teasing her hard(Yes that does wonders, thank you Wildcat) and being extremely cocky. I've gone to visit her a couple of times at her work and kept the visits short and then that night or the next day she comes...

View more questions Search