Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colenkelley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 04:14 PM
    I cant get my dell laptop to connect to new wireless internet
    I just got new interenet through my cable company and they put a wireless modem on, my laptop dell latitude D610 says it is connected but it won't connect.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 04:30 PM

Did you set up the connection or did the cable company do it for you? If they set it up secure your going to have to get the SSID from your box (wireless modem) and enter it into your laptop to gain a connection.

The laptop should see it but look to see if it shows up as secure or open connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot connect to the internet on dell laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new copy of windows,but deleted all of the partition.I have tried downloading copies of windows and installing them but I Don't believe any wireless support is with it.I have a Dell inspiron E1505 I would like to connect to the internet and I have an ISP wireless.But I cannot connect...

My laptop doesn't connect to wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a dell inspiron laptop which has wireless capability. The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP 2. It used to connect to internet with the built in Wireless connector some time back . I have a desk top which I use to connect to Timewarner cable connection. It has a wireless router . So, my...

Dell wireless won't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspiron, and the wireless network won't connect to the router or network, other computeres work well with ht erouter and so did my computer until 2 days ago, it shows the available connection but won't connect to it. All the hadrware shows up fine and in good order but won't...

Dell Laptop won't connect to wireless [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell inspirion 1501 and I have had it since last christmas and the internet isn't working on it... I don't use cable I use the wireless from Time Warner and anyway my PC works but my laptop just won't connect Please HELP

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

View more questions Search