Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kileveryone6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Media State... Media Disconnected
    Hi there,

I have two different internet connections. One, my roommates and I pay for to run torrents, online games, etc. The other is my complex's internet connection which sucks at anything but is used when roommates are sleeping and they are using torrents. My roommate tends to download torrent such as myself but floods the network. Well, when he does run his torrents, I tend to switch to the complex's network so I can at least surf the web. When doing this, I went into the command prompt, typed out "ipconfig /release" unplug my ethernet cable (from the internet we pay for), plug it into the complex's network, then type in the prompt again "ipconfig /renew". But since I reformatted my PC now I get this error in the cmd window saying "Media State......: Media disconnected". It seems to me that my computer is not allowing me to change my ipconfigs for some reason. I've searched your website but everyone else that had this problem was through wireless connection, mine is by a direct connection. And my DHCP Client in Service is running as well. As well as deleting my winstocks and putting in a new reg of it. Any thoughts of how to fix this?

Oh, and the one I pay for is running on a router, and the complex's is just a jack in the wall (thus a network in both).
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2006, 02:26 AM
    You would need to disable media sensing under xp
    kileveryone6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
    all right I'll give it a shot, thank you =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ownership of the media [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me answer the following question: What is the direct and indirect ownership of the media? How might it be viewed as a threat to democracy? What do you think?

Media disconnected [ 2 Answers ]

I tried ipconfig ipconfig/renew but nothing shows

Streaming media [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to see if there is a free server out there to stream video. Does anyone know of one that is rather easy to use. I have found one for audio but the company does not make one for video I am just wanting this for my own personal use. I would love any help and thanks ahead of time.

View more questions Search