Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derekmac Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Trying to connect D-Link router through a Linksys.
    I have a D-Link DI-604 that I want to hookup my TiVo and XBox up to, and that router is connected to a Linksys BEFW11S4. The D-Link doesn't seem to be able to connect through the Linksys to get onto the internet. What needs to be changed to get this working?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Are you sure you are connecting to an uplink port? If you are not, you may need a cross over cable.

Jul 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
    I tried the uplink port and it still didn't work. I guess I may have to redo the ends of the cable to make it a cross over cable. I was hoping that they would do the switching internally.

Jul 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
    It should if you used the correct ports. Did you make this cable yourself?

Jul 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
    No, this is a store bought cable. I know the cable works because I just use to switch it between the XBox and the TiVo depending on which one needed it at the time.

Jul 23, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Then the problem my be the ports you are using.

Jul 24, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Ok, I've tried every possible combination when it comes to connecting the wires to different ports on both routers and still no go. From what I can tell in the setup of both routers everything is the way it should be.
    TX300 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 03:47 AM
    OK her are some example and 100% it work in mine router 1 (R1) connected to modem and router 2 (R2) connected to R1.

first you have to set the R1 to DHCP, just act like a Bridge
    now I order to R2 to work you can configure manually your R2. By means of STATIC configuration...
    EX: your R1 default router Address is 192.168.1.1 this your add order connect on other PC.
    in R2 you must to set-up your address in defend on what you like starting on 192.168.X.X
    with a mask of 255.255.255.X
    and fallow the rest of PC connecting on your R2...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

Linksys router configuration [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a Linksys wireless router. I have one desktop and laptop I am able to access the Internet when I hardwired my laptop / desktop to Modem. (which is what is there now). . I want to connect my laptop in "wireless" mode to the router and access internet. I tried accessing...

Is it possible to connect 2 wireless laptops to the router [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I find this wireless connection thing confusing, I have two laptops, one is using an onbourd wireless card whilst the other is using a linksys wpc11 notebook adapter, is it at all possible to wirelessly connect these two laptops straight to the wireless router? Thanks jrh

I need to recofigure a D-Link router. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to buy a used D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router, but since it's used it already has WEP enabled on it, and the tech that configured it is not working here anymore, I don't know the WEP code, it says it's connected. I tried typing 192.168.0.1, but it gives me a "Page can't be displayed". Plus...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search