Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loulou36067 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Reinstalling deleted files
    I made a mistake and deleted 2 files I get this error message.Cannot find a file device that may be needed to run windows or a windows application.Windows registry or system.ini. Files refer to this device file no longer exists .C:progra~1/symantec/symevnt.386. And the other one file is C:progra~1/norton~1/navap.vxd. Please any help will be gratefully appreciated .I have windows 98.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Nov 8, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Howdy and welcome to AMHD!

Both those have to do with Norton anti-virus.. Just re-install the program!

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reinstalling windows [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there :) My aunt is having trouble with her computer, she is a computer virus waiting to happen. I'm thinking that if I reinstalled Windows on her machine it migh take care of her problems. She has no files she needs to worry about, start with a clean slate. The only thing she does on her...

Reinstalling Windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have the registration key for windows XP but have lost the installation disk, can I use a different copy of XP with the key to reinstall XP? Appreciate any advice

Backing up/Reinstalling XP [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reinstall XP but save all my files, drivers, and programs that I want? I don't have a lot of the CDs used to install these anymore and I don't want to lose them? And I don't feel like spending HOURS backing all my files up on CDs... is there an easier way?? I have other computers at my...

Recovering deleted files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to recover files you deleted from the recycle bin?

Files That can't Be Deleted [ 2 Answers ]

There are certain files on my computer that I cannot delete, no matter how many times I try. When I try to delete them, a message pops up that says it cannot read the source file on the disk, or that it is an unspecified file. How can I get rid of these? :confused:

View more questions Search