Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 12:35 PM
    Desktop
    While trying to place a shortcut icon for eBay on my desktop, I selected the option to paste to desktop. Now I have a portion of the eBay home page on the desktop and I don't know how to remove it. Need advice please. Thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 12:44 PM
    Can you right-click on it and select "Delete"?

The easiest way to put a shortcut on your Desktop:
    1. Navigate to the desired Web page and right-click on an empty part of the page.
    2. A menu will pop up. Select 'Create Shortcut.' The shortcut will be created on the desktop. The next time you want to open the page, just double-click on the shortcut.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 01:56 PM
    Karma, I am afraid Violet tricked you. If she is using her new Mac, your advice may not work. I don't know if Mac still uses the term alias in place of short cut or not. I think on an older Mac, opening the desktop folder in the system folder and dragging the Ebay icon to the trash would work.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 04:35 PM
    It's her first post - how do we know it's a Mac?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 08:03 PM
    OK, I am the one that was tricked. I was thinking it was Violet0019 that started this thread, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=13905 Sorry about that. Guess I should have looked a little more carefully.

Dec 5, 2005, 11:31 PM
    Desktop
    Back to the desktop "goof-up" - No, you do not have the option to delete when you right click or any option to cut or get rid of it. This is Windows XP, not Mac. Thanks for the reply.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 6, 2005, 01:28 AM
    To remove the web content.
    Right click on the desktop
    Left click properties
    Desktop tab
    Customize desktop button
    Web tabd on this pop up
    Highlight and delete the one you don't want.

Hope this helps

Dec 7, 2005, 12:03 PM
    Desktop
    Thanks for solving my problem. Did what you suggested and --Desktop is A.O.K. now. Really appreciate your expertise in helping a novice get out of a "jam".
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 7, 2005, 12:10 PM
    No worries any time, after all that's what we're all here for.

So glad it workes out for you :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop display... [ 2 Answers ]

Can I post an image display on my desktop, let say 3 to 4 gif and a backgroud... I don't want to use web because I think its not safe, beside its won't open when I'm not connected to internet... :)

Lost desktop [ 2 Answers ]

I know this has happened to others but I have seen no definitive method of resolution. I have lost my desktop: all icons, the startbutton, the taskbar, the date, and all icons of running programs at the left. I have installed a new windows 2000 that works, but would need to reinstall all my drivers...

Desktop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks Could any one tell me how to stop My documents automatically opening when I start up my computer. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search