Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pradeepsusarla Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 07:07 AM
    Unable to view cd contents
    Hi, I am using celeron 1.1 , 192mb RAM with win98se. When I put CD in the LG combo Drive the cd icon changes to audio cd and winamp opens. Any solution for this would be appreciated?

~Pradeep.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2005, 08:21 AM
    I don't remember the right click options for Win98, but if you open My Computer then right click on the CD icon, can you choose Explore, and view it's contents that way?

It sounds like maybe WinAmp is set to open when it recognizes a CD with files of a specific file type on it.

Many software manufacturers have clever ways of defaulting to this then making it hard to find where to turn it off, but to look through Preferences or Settings for a feature like this (so you can turn it off) would be something to do too...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2005, 03:30 AM
    CD Recognition
    Hi,
    Open WinAmp, then click on either Tools or Options. You should be able to find places to uncheck, if you don't want it to auto recognize CD's.
    Then, do the same with whatever program you want to use, but put a checkmark by something similar to "Use this program to play CD's".
    For Win98SE; you might have DiscDetector.
    Go to Control Panel/ then open Disc Detector. Click on the Players tab. Then select Audio, and click on the Edit button. You can then choose which player will be the default.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Copy the contents in command prompt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have given a command in command prompt (say ant) and then it will be executing the files. My question is how to copy that which is in command prompt to a file say notepad. While I am running autobuilder\ant, it will be showing all that in command prompt and the process takes hours. I want...

Why side view so big [ 2 Answers ]

When I look in tha mirror or anywhr else why does my sideview look so big and wide I want to know some exercises which can reduce this please help me

Unable to view JPEGS on CD [ 3 Answers ]

I copied some photos to a cd using nero, then a little while later I added some further photo's, I thought I had used append but on reflection I might not have. I can now only see the latest photos although when I go into Nero it shows the other files are there but cannot view them. Is there anyway...

Contents of a will [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother died over 20 years ago . She had quite a lot of money saved and always told me and my brothers and sister that she would share this equally between us (I was aged 25 at the time). However, my mother told us all at the time that my grandmother had only left us £100 each. I have...

View more questions Search