How do I find c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

Asked Jul 20, 2007, 04:58 PM 2 Answers
    I cant find it, and I need to. Does anyone know where its located?

Last edited by mamaloney; Jul 20, 2007 at 05:20 PM.
    stew_1962's Avatar
    stew_1962 Posts: 254, Reputation: 10

#2

Jul 20, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Right click, open with. Notepad.
    Luxavius's Avatar
    Luxavius Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

#3

Jul 21, 2007, 02:03 AM
    You can enter C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in Internet Explorer to see if the path exists. If it does but you still can't find it, go to Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders and try again.

Virus in Hosts File inside Windows System32 folder [ 25 Answers ]

I have a virus in C:\\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I'm using AVG free edition. I've put the file in the virus vault, it says it's possible to heal the file except that there isn't enough info to do so. Any ideas of what I should do?

Can't open windows XP desktop folder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My father had a motherboard failure on his computer. He decided to get a new computer. But there is a folder on the desktop of his old computer called PICTURES that he wants to access. I installed his old HD into the new computer as a second HD. I am able to access the DOCUMENTS...

Hp pavilion recovery<windows root>system32hal.dll [ 1 Answers ]

I made a mistake of not burning my recovery disks out of the system. Now I have a problem with the system and it is showing this error that Windows could not start because the following file is missing System32\hal.dll. Please reinstall a copy of the above file. Could you please assist so I...

C:windowssystem32gvdcgfc.dll- error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there Whenever I boot up my system following error dialogbox comes up "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gvdcgfc.dll The specified Module Could not be found" Only one OK button is there. But noting wrong I found afterwards.

Open Multiple Windows as full Screen [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow my screen adjustments have been altered in my XP. I open up say a Word doc, then when I go to the internet & click on the screen it isn't the full size. I have to keep adjusting each time, by stretching out the corners. Then when I go to the next program that I want to I have to keep...