Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacklabmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
    My dog will not eat or drink
    I have a 4 yr old black lab who is a rescue dog. We found her at 10 weeks old under the porch in a very bad neighborhood. She was malnourished and infested with worms. We were told by the vet that her growth will be stunted and her stomach will be really sensitive. She has done very well over the past several years up until this week. All of a sudden she won't eat or drink and she sleeps all day. She has, in the past, gone like a day and a half without eating, but it has been almost four days now and I am starting to get worried. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a bunch
    missingpieces Posts: 70, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2008, 10:24 PM

Call your vet, you might need to make an appointment.

Your dog sounds a lot like mine though, she has a sensitive stomach and isn't a great eater either. I stick with single protein foods for her (she likes chicken and rice or duck and potato) which help her not have so many stomach problems. I have to switch food every once in a while because she gets sick of one and will refuse to eat it so maybe its just that. 4 days is a long time though so it definitely sounds like its time for a visit to the vet because she may be sick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My lab won't eat or drink. What do I do? [ 9 Answers ]

My lab started vomiting 5 nights ago, since then she won't eat or drink. I think the last time she had a bowel movement was 3 or 4 days ago and it was more like diarrhea. I took her to the vet and they think she might have something stuck in her intestinal tract. I would not be surprised because...

Dog won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

My two year old Fox terrier refuses to eat or drink. I took him to the vet yesterday and had xray's and bloodwork done on him to check for a vuirus or blockage in his stomach, but both came back as negative. However, he still refuses to eat or drink. He remains active and energetic. Any ideas,...

How to get a dog to drink [ 4 Answers ]

My Basset has a nasty bladder infection probably caused by steroids according to the vet. She had a tranquilizer shot last night to help with her restlessness. She is eating a little today, but I can't get her to drink. I tried salt-free broth in place of water. She eats canned food, so is...

Can I drink this [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased on eBay a bottle of cherry marnier liqueur about 30 years old. It is unopened, never opened and around 48 proof Is it safe to drink

View more questions Search