Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMA Posts: 114, Reputation: 8

Sep 28, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Child abuse from my doctor?
    This has been playing on my mind a lot I need to discuss it. At the time I didn't think about it at all. When I was 12 I got sick and I had to go for regular check ups with the doctor. He always had to pull down my trowsers to take a look at me and I've been wondering if there was a medical reason he needed to do that? I was taking steroids at the time so does that sound OK to you?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 04:06 AM

Fill me in. Why were you taking steroids at 12? And what exactly were you being examined for?

Sep 28, 2008, 04:15 AM
    When I was 12 I got ulcerative colitis for no apparent reason. Steroids were part of the treatment. I was thinking because of my age and the steroids, there was a reason for him to take a look there.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    When I was 12 I got ulcerative colitis for no apparent reason. Steroids were part of the treatment. I was thinking because of my age and the steroids, there was a reason for him to take a look there.

Steroids can reduce the size of the testicles. Is that what he was checking (trusting you are a male)?

Sep 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Steroids can reduce the size of the testicles. Is that what he was checking (trusting you are a male)?
    Yes that was probably it then. He didn't explain why at the time I only remember I didn't like it.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 01:04 PM

Physicians don't usually examine a persons genitals without a nurse or parent in the room.

Was that the case?

Sep 28, 2008, 01:07 PM

Yes most of the time I think. But there was a curtain pulled round the bed so they couldn't really see what was going on.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 28, 2008, 01:18 PM

It's normal for a physician to undress a patient to give a complete physical exam. Also he could have been checking for blood in the stool or a discharge. A professional would always have a nurse present when doing any type of exam or procedure but that is voluntary, more of a malpractice insurance thing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this Child Abuse [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 9 yo daughter who spends 1/2 summer with her dad and his wife out of state. When returning this summer she expressed to me that she didn't want to go back. When I asked her why, she said that both my ex and his wife hurt her, by pulling her by her hair to an area where she needs to...

Child abuse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question this past fri me and my family all was coming back from walmart with groc and we all carried groc in to the house and also my step son went back out to the van to get more carried in and something happened and fell and broke his femor and had be taken to get sugery at the hosp.but...

Child abuse [ 7 Answers ]

I was abused as a child by my biological father, the question I have is how do I go about prosecuting him now??

Child on child sexual abuse [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Today I found out that my 13 year old grand daughter touched another 13 year old boys penis. He is so tramatized by the ordeal and his mother is just sick. I'm am at a wits end as to how to handle the situation. Legally what should be done about this. The boys mom wants my grand...

Child abuse [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a good thesis for child abuse? Child abuse is reported on an average of 10 seconds. Yes or no

View more questions Search