Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tulipe94 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Is it possible to loose weight without doing much exercise?
    I am 5 foot 5 and I weigh 56 kilos I would like to lose 5 kilos the problem is I don t have enough time to do any exercise I can only alow myself one hour of swimming per week.
    Can someone help me please
    lovememore005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2008, 06:02 PM
    I do swimming everydayy and 1 hour each day,
    But my doctor said that swimming builds muscle so try 30 min of swimming then 30 min of roller skatting or walking or bikeing that's what I do.
    And when you exercie more you tend to eat less. At least I do.
    When your hungry just think " Hmm,, Should i be eating this or an apple"
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 07:07 PM
    I understand how you feel... I used to go to the gym 6 days a week, and now, I work 14 hours... no time for gym.

With your busy schedule, the best you can do is keep up your health, take a multivitamin, and try to make wise choices when it comes to food.

Sep 4, 2008, 11:24 AM
    It s me again I just wanted to add that I don t have time to do one hour a day of sports
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 01:17 PM
    I go to the gym 3 times a week and only workout for 30 minutes. Now that I am pregnant I go twice a week sometimes only once. If don't have time to workout for 1 hour a day, can you find time to workout at home to a workout video. Tabo is a good complete makeout video. Sometime when you can't workout try going for power walk with ankle and wrist weights. That worked for me. But you need a workout routine in addition to your diet.
    Camborio Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
    I know you say you don't have time, but instead of eating during my lunch break I walk, and then eat at my desk whenever I have time. I'm finding that it keeps my energy up for the rest of the day, and that I'm eating less.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:54 PM
    I used to tell myself that I didn't have time to workout because I didn't make it a priority. It's a weird cycle, but if you exercise regularly you will need less sleep. Try getting up just 15 earlier and do cardio for that 15 minutes. Creep up the time by 5 minutes until you are at least doing 30 minutes. You will be amazed how much better you feel. You also don't have to do the exercise all in one chunk. Some in the morning, take half your lunch for a walk, do isometrics at your desk, etc.

You can lose weight by diet alone, but it will take much longer and it doesn't really make you feel better overall like a regular workout will. I gave up soda and lost 6 pounds in a month. The "Special K" diet works - but is boring and is easy to cheat.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Actually all I really wanted to know is do I need to loose weight. I'm five five and weigh 56 kilos
    Is that still a rather sexy body
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
    If you are healthy and like your body, then who cares what somebody else thinks.
    If you can't exercise and want to lose a little weight, cut your calorie intake.
    Camborio Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 15, 2008, 04:56 PM
    While there is 2.2lbs in a Kilo so I think that would be 123.2 lbs which I believe at 5' 5" would be a sexy healthy weight. You have to be happy with yourself on the inside before you can make the outside change I believe.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 03:58 PM
    I know you said you don't have any time to exercise. I want to say this in the nicest way, but if you have time to casually surf the internet, you can turn that into exercise time if it's your top priority. Try five minutes of crunches before you brush your teeth. Try stretching when you're in front of the t.v. there's always time.

56 kilos at 5'5'' is a perfectly healthy weight. You don't have to lose anything if you don't want to.

Nov 16, 2008, 04:32 AM

OK so I took some iniciatives and now I'm doing 1 hour of tennis and 1 hour of swimming per week
    Voodoo10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 04:46 AM

Everyone of the above answers do not answer your question.
    The body needs to get the amount of calories and fat that it needs to function throughout the day (calories + fat = energy). If it doesn't get what's required, your body will be programmed to learning that YOU are depriving it of what it needs. It will in turn store the BAD FAT and that's what turns to fat in unwanted areas. If you decrease your food intake, you will gain weight. The answer is, You need to eat lean. Its all has to do with your diet. Stay off the sugar, trans fat and sodium. Don't eat bread. Im not saying, don't eat carbs. Carbs are good. All this healthy start foods are bull. Search around for Lean Meals. This will probably require you to ACTUALLY COOK. Don't buy ready made or microwabable stuff. Cooking isn't that time consuming as you think. Make double portions..

TIPS:
    Read the lables!
    stick to 2000 calories! Log your calorie intake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does weight increase after first two weeeks of exercise? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am a female with height 5.3" (159 cms) Age: 23. I never used to do any exercise.. Two weeks back I started going for morning walk for around 30-40 minutes. N 5 minutes yoga after that. Last week I checked my weight, It was 64.9 Kgs.. ( which is too much for my height) And...

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

Can I lose weight by exercise? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just registered. I really need an answer to this question. I have gained A lot of weight in the past 3 years. I used to exercise but I got sick in 2005 and stopped. I have Gastroparesis (delayed emptying of the stomach) and IBS. I have severe midsection bloating (to the point of looking...

GAIN weight with exercise [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever gained weight (not talking about muscle weight gain) when exercising? I have tried exercise programs numerous times and every single time I do, I gain weight. I have been walking on a treadmill for 30 min. at least 6 x a week, in addition to riding an exercise bicycle for 8-10...

View more questions Search