Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss Sparkle Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Nov 6, 2007, 05:03 AM
    They all tell me he's no good, but should I give him a chance?
    Ive just come out of a relationship (2 weeks ago) and the guy I work with has taken an interest in me. He has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around in the past, but he's a very caring person from what I know of him so far. He said to me that he wanted to take things slowly because I've just come out of a relationship, that's got to be a good sign that he cares isn't it?

I like him and I want to give him a chance, but people are warning me off telling me he's no good, he sleeps around and is a slut. But I'm not guna have sex with him, I always wait at least 9 months before going into a sexual relationship with a partner, surely if he waits that long (or longer) that means he cares about me?
    Hes also said he wants to take his time to get to know me and prove that he's not like what the others say he is.

What should I do? Give him a chance, or stay away?
    La Siesta Encantada Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Well you need to look at all sides of the story. What do you think of him? You are clearly unsure, right? Well I guess I would give him a chance at least to the point of becoming good friends and getting to know him better. There is somebody for everyone and you just never know. But on the other hand if you tell him you want to wait and he gets angry of pushy that is a BIG RED FLAG. Anyway use you common sense and don't rush. Do what you said TAKE YOUR TIME. GOOD LUCK HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT>;)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Well, since you are just coming off a relationship, maybe you need to cool things for 9 months to get your priorities straight before you start dating again. Jumping from one ended relationship he probably figures that he can get what he wants because you are hurting. Forget him for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

THEY telll me he's no good, should I take a chance? [ 15 Answers ]

Ive just come out of a relationship (2 weeks ago) and the guy I work with has taken an interest in me. He has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around in the past, but he's a very caring person from what I know of him so far. He said to me that he wanted to take things slowly because I've just...

Should I give my ex another chance? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because...

Should I give him a second chance? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex says that he has changed... he's grown up, and wants me to give him a second chance. I don't know if I can though because we had been talking about getting married and then he left me. I don't know if I can stand the heartbreak if he leaves again, but I know that I still love him... what...

Should I give him a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 &+ a Junior in hiqhschool and I met this dude in my class and he has been wanting to go out with me but I wanted to be with someone else... well he gave me his number and the last time we seen each other, he told me he got feelings for me! Well I don't know what to do, should I give him a...

Do I give him another chance? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that this ultimately is question that I will have to answer for myself, but I thought I'd ask, because maybe some of you have been there. I have been married for seven years to my husband, who was my first relationship, first everything. I'm 27... we married young. We have no children...

View more questions Search