Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimeToLoseTheFat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
    I am 17 and want to lose weight
    Hello I am 17 years old and my name is Harmony. I weigh 316 I don't know how I got to this weight i don't shove my face with food all day and i barely eat... Anyways so I started using the treadmill about 1 hour a day. But I can't lose weight i don't know whats wrong with me. I want to get the lap band surgery or somethign like that. But I have no medical so I am not sure what to do. I am just so tired of weighing this much it really sucks. I will be 18 in decemeber and i live in Indiana. Does anyone know how I can get the surgery? Or how much it will cost? Or is there anyway I can get free medical in Indiana??? Please some one let me know :confused:
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Have you had your thyriod tested? You should try to see a doctor to rule out any medical conditions that may be causing this. I know it will be expensive but you can't put a price on health. Also if it turns out that there is not a medical reason then they will still be able to help you find help to reduce your weight.

There are so many other options you should consider before life risking surgery. I think a trip to the doctor should definitely be the first one.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Harmony,

You have already taken the biggest step - you made the decision to lose weight.

I agree with the others about getting some tests done. If all that comes back fine and you are ready to put in some work here is what I suggest...

Forget exercise tapes and dieting book - no one gains out of them but the people who wrote them.

Once you realise that it is going to take time and that there are no quick fixes, it's easy. Honest. Begin to take care of yourself. Treat yourself well. Be kind to yourself and stop beating yourself up for every little indiscretion. And if you fall off the wagon so to speak, forget it, forgive yourself and get right back on.

Here is the secret truth to losing weight.............

Eat less and move more.

Don't expect miracles and continue to be your own best friend.
    Mandmo Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 9, 2007, 06:03 PM
    You made the choice which is great. Loseing weight isn't a couple week work out, it is a life long dedication. First you must eat maybe healthier foods by following a food guide. Second of all you have to work out. Walking on the tredmill is great, but you have to gradually increase the length of time you walk, or increase the speed, or jog, etc every week. Before you know it you'll be back in shape. But losing weight is really hard for girls at this age. Drink LOTS OF WATER! If you weigh that much you should drink half of your weight 150oz of water each day! Trust me it works. It seems like a lot but trust me. Instead of surgery do it the old fashioned way. It is a lot healthier for you!
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Harmony I'm right here with yah.
    I hardly eat and seem to never lose anything
    I want the gastric/lapband
    And this summer I'm planning on going to fat camp

We can get through this together

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

Trying To Lose Weight. [ 4 Answers ]

Yes Does Anyone Know Of A True, Honest Way To Lose Weight?:)

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 28 yr old female and I weight 195 and my height is 5'2 and that puts me at an over weight scale. I want to know what is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. Are diet teas good. I just need help on losing weight and comments will be taken

View more questions Search