Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david seymour Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Trouble shoot transaxle
    Hello, dave from Wisconsin,
    I have , I believe to be a 1993 sears lawn mower with a spicer transmission in it. The model for the lawn mower is-- 502.255090 serial no. 28403837. When I tied putting the lawn mower into any gear the mower would not move, I checked the belts and they're fine , I also raised the mower off the ground and went through all the gears and the wheels spun freely while machie was running and engaged. The transmission is made by spicer and I have it torn apart and it seems like the arm that engages the trans. Sleeve doesn't engage to make the main pulley gear to spin. Got any clues and if so parts for this baby. I want to keep this mower cause one of my sons bought it for me and rebuilt the motor before he supprised us with it thanks dave and diane
    david seymour Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Hello, this is dave from wis.
    I believe I have a 1993 sears riding lawn mower, model--502.255090, serial no. 28403837. The trans is made by spicer stamped 9-1-93 4450-3 056191.
    The trans does not work in any gear,belts are fine. I also tried it in all gears with wheels off the ground while running and nothing. The trannys apart and when I tried engaging the tranny , I noticed that the main gear for the pulley didn't engage can you help with parts I need and do you have them in stock thanks dave s.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Do you have any small engine shops around? You could check with sears for parts, though they would be a little more $. OR a online source using search words like spicer trans parts. Stuff like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoot! I think I messed up [ 6 Answers ]

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...

Recommend first player shoot them ups [ 5 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend any good first player shootem up games on PC like house of the dead, time crisis,doom

Shoot-set and Quick-set Combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have not seen this yet, but I haven't seen everything... lol I was thinking that these two misdirection sets could be used in a single play because the quick-set causes the opponent to position, dig-in, and focus on the quick-set hitter, but the ball could be shoot-set along the net for anyone...

View more questions Search