Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    affirm8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Can felons with passports travel internationally?
    My understanding is that felons may obtain passports if there sentence is complete. I am a social worker; I have a client with a criminal record convicted of 2 felonies more than 10 years ago. Even if he obtains a passport, will he be allowed to enter a foreign country, e.g. Canada, France, UK, Mexico? Thanks. Chris
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by affirm8
    My understanding is that felons may obtain passports if there sentence is complete. I am a social worker; I have a client with a criminal record convicted of 2 felonies more than 10 years ago. Even if he obtains a passport, will he be allowed to enter a foreign country, e.g. Canada, France, UK, Mexico? Thanks. Chris

I think I'm quoting excon (one of my favorite quotes): "A passport allows you to leave the US; whether or not you can enter another country is up to them."

See what visa requirements are in France, the UK, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passports for Felons [ 4 Answers ]

Are convicted felons elible for passports in the state of Florida?

Can felons get passports? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a felony on my record from an offense in 2003. My paretns want to take me to mexico next year, would I be able to even get a passport to go?

Felons and passports [ 7 Answers ]

I am a convicted fellon for weed. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a passport or if it is a waist of time to try for one? Please let me know. My email is [email protected] thank you for any info you can give me

Passports For Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible under federal law for a convicted felon, not on probation or parole, to get his or her passport?

Passports for felons [ 8 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon obtain a passport?

View more questions Search