Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Ps3 impossible to get!
    Omg its so impossible stores just won't tell you the truth about wheather or not they got the ps3.. point being...

Does anybody know any legit sites making the ps3 available for preorder by christmas time. I really want one.
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 21, 2006, 11:38 AM
    eBay

Nov 21, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ6216
    ebay
    Omg anywhere but eBay.. the prices have you seen them?? 3000 dollars? Lmfaoo... not to mention I don't trust eBay but thanks

Nov 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xHypoCondriacx
    omg anywhere but ebay.. the prices have u seen them??? 3000 dollars?? lmfaoo... not to mention i dont trust ebay but thx
    Umm... other than that can you purchase it off like best buy website? Or other appliance store websites??

Nov 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ6216
    umm....other than that can you purchase it off of like best buy website?? or other appliance store websites???
    Yea every site so far says.. online and pre orders have ended due to limited supplies and quanities of the sony ps3.. mehh its fine.. just got to wait ;)
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 21, 2006, 11:47 AM
    I heard a great news story the other day. Some guy who had two consoles made a deal online to sell them for $5000 each. He agreed to meet the buyers at an empty McDonalds parking lot at 1:30 in the morning. Needless to say, they pepper sprayed him and stole both units.
    I do wish you luck. People have been camping outside Walmart for days around me. :)

Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas1970
    I heard a great news story the other day. Some guy who had two consoles made a deal online to sell them for $5000 each. He agreed to meet the buyers at an empty McDonalds parking lot at 1:30 in the morning. Needless to say, they pepper sprayed him and stole both units.
    I do wish you luck. People have been camping outside Walmart for days around me. :)
    lmfao that's like so funny.. but harsh yes.. and over all... that's what he gets... "an empty abandone parking lot" " alone " trying to hustle for 5000$ ?

=overall an idiot.. lol

Nov 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
    I agree. I do feel sorry for the guy, but he did kind of ask for it. :)

Nov 21, 2006, 12:28 PM
    What about the playstation website? I'm sure they have a site that you can buy the stuff directly off them... and yeah that guy pretty much asked for it... im totally content with my playstation 2 and my uncle has an xbox he is giving me... so I don't need another one...

Nov 21, 2006, 10:24 PM
    yea I would think the sony website would be selling it apparently.. not.. its like this.. either u camp out and wait on a random shipment or u just don't get one.. a little harsh for me.. I been a sony fan along time and this really got me mad.. ]= but I really really want one.

Nov 22, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Then go get you one and good luck!! Haha
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 22, 2006, 07:01 AM
    Personally, prices have a chance of going down in the next few months. Some of the PS3's have glitches in them which include NOT being able to play PS1 and PS2 games, only PS3 games for the time being.

Hubby and I plan on getting one, once the consoles perform as promised.

Nov 24, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Yea well by the time I do get one there won't be any glitches but I checked out the sony forum I'm aware of all the bugs lol that always happens in the beginning

Nov 24, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Well, you knew it had to happen sooner or later... Big article in my local paper today, here in CT. Some guy was shot and robbed of his PS3 at the soda machines outside the Walmart in my town. According to the description, the wound was "the length and width of his foot", and required skin grafts to repair. :rolleyes:
    Happy Holidays, and goodwill to all! :D
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Nov 24, 2006, 09:37 PM
    At this point, if you didn't pre-order or wait in line, it's extremey unlikely you'll get a PS3 in time for Christmas.

I wouldn't say it's impossible though - You might luck out and stumble into an opportunity to buy one.

Nov 29, 2006, 03:59 PM
    well some stores are getting 20 gigs but I want a 60 gig and the only possible way for me to get one would be to camp out but I need to get my own money to do that. Otherwise moms paying and I got to wait. ]=
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2006, 12:43 PM
    I wouldn't waste my time and money buying one now anyway. I like my playstation but as we already know they are full of bugs. I could have had one but I decided against it. I will wait a year instead. That should be enough time for the dust to settle and Sony to work out the bugs, just like the PS2 launch. Also Sony deliberately baited everyone with lmited numbers available for launch. They are directly responsible for all the people who got hurt.
    danradcliffe879 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xHypoCondriacx
    omg its so impossible stores just wont tell u the truth bout wheather or not they got the ps3.. point being....

does anybody know any legit sites making the ps3 available for preorder by christmas time. i really want one.
    My friend has a ps3. It is so cool. My friend lets me play with it. Soon I will get one.
    littleone Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 07:40 PM
    The eBay prices really aren't horrible. They were only around $2000-5000 right after release. Since then they've only gotten as high as $1200. Just yesterday they were at barely $750, and that's WITH a game (which go for $60 each).
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2006, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by littleone
    The ebay prices really aren't horrible. They were only around $2000-5000 right after release. Since then they've only gotten as high as $1200. Just yesterday they were at barely $750, and that's WITH a game (which go for $60 each).
    I still wouldn't buy it. Maybe if I hit the lottery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PS3 or 360 [ 34 Answers ]

I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the...

Impossible situation [ 12 Answers ]

Impossible situation I’m 19 and recently moved back in with my mother after being away at college for 2 years. Although I was aware that my brother was suffering from depression and had missed a year of school before I left, the situation has become increasingly difficult. He has now missed 3...

Impossible Song [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a quick background: the song was recorded on German radio sometime between 1984 and 1986. That's it. Its driving me insane. The link: http://spiritofradio.ca/SongComments.asp?SongID=220 Here's some discussion on it: http://nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1344&whichpage=1 ...

Impossible to fix? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, One day I selected a document to print and the printer didn't respond, instead it said the usb device has malfunctioned. But I realised that it isn't actually the lead that has malfunctioned but the document for some reason crashed in the que list. I press delete document but it does nothing....

Impossible co-worker [ 5 Answers ]

Help me. I need to stay in the job I am in until I finish college and move on to my new career. But I am having a horrible time getting along with the person I work with. I work at a medical office and we work together. I have felt she doesn't get the work done efficiently and therefore I have to...

View more questions Search