Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Restoring force
    At the swimming pool, you notice that different people make the diving board bend down by different amounts. Assuming that the diving board behaves like a spring, explain how you could you determine the weight of everybody that used the diving board if you knew the weight of one person who used it.
    bignaked101 Posts: 151, Reputation: 6
    -

Oct 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Lets say the person with the known weight is person X, all lighter weights are Y, and heavier weights are Z.

If you observe person X jump on this diving board, you will observe exactly how far the diving board bends.

If person Y jumps on this diving board, you can conclude that his weight is lighter than person X because the diving board bends less.

If person Z jumps on the board, you can conclude that he is heavier because the diving board will bend more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring internet history [ 1 Answers ]

How do you restore the internet history once it has been erased? Mine was 'cleaned up' by my Norton 360 but I need to look through it.

Restoring a Moldy Shower Floor [ 3 Answers ]

My bathroom shower pan has several areas where mildew has thrived, but no loose tiles and no problems at all with the tiled walls. The floor surface is properly sloped toward the drain, except for one corner where a little water accumulates. The mold appeared within a week of our moving into the 15...

Restoring a flash drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2.5 gig flash drive that I can no longer access. I'd like to not loose the data on it, but the most important thing is to make the drive useful again. effbee

Restoring saved files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them. excon

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

View more questions Search