Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deboh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Restoring deleted MS word application
    "hi, i have deleted my MS word application incidentally, i need to restore it now bcos i am more familiar with its use. i have a service pack 2 installed with my laptop when it was bought and so i dont have the installation cd, but along the way the WORD got bad and whenever i try to open it i always see an error message, so i guess i got annoyed and deleted it, but now i want it back or better still i need a fyunctional MS word application on my system...... what do i do ."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
    You'll need the original installation CD, it's the only way.

For a great FREE alternative try www: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite it's what I use at home.
    deboh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Yes I already use and have open office, I downloaded the latest 2.4.1 today as well but the issue is that most people I send my documents to can't open it, since they do not have open office installed...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 09:54 AM
    You need to save the document as a .doc, in fcat you can make it the default 'save as' document type:
    Configure, Change or Set OpenOffice.org to Default Save Files in Microsoft Office Formats » My Digital Life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli [ 7 Answers ]

Well it's a tough one so ill try to explain the best I can When you delete a file it can be undelted with programs I'm not concerned with undeleting the file where is the information stored on my hard drive I'm looking for the information that tells the undeleter program what been deleted ...

Restoring Favorites [ 2 Answers ]

I have AOL & I lost all my favorites & my saved files? I tried to restore doing what it said but it didn't work! I need help!

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Restoring force [ 1 Answers ]

At the swimming pool, you notice that different people make the diving board bend down by different amounts. Assuming that the diving board behaves like a spring, explain how you could you determine the weight of everybody that used the diving board if you knew the weight of one person who used it.

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

View more questions Search