Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brian7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Is national american university a college
    I'm about to go baCK TO School at NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY and I want to know if it is a respectable college
    brian7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 08:39 AM
    I live in Wichita,KS.and I'm about to go back to School at NATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY can you tell me if it is a respectable college
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2010, 12:57 PM

National American University is a respectable college. They serve the mid-west part of the country. They are are accredited by The Higher Learning commission and they are a member of North Central Association.

Their website is: National American University
    veronica_oliver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
    I have taught at NAU in Wichita, KS and it is not a good value for the education you receive. The standards are very low compared to other colleges in the area, and it is more difficult to find a job with a degree from this institution-- in fact, many graduate schools and state schools will not count credit from NAU toward a degree because of their very low standards. NAU is also more money per credit hour than almost any other state school in Kansas.

I would advise you to look at Butler community college if you want to stay in the Wichita area: they are very good at working with adult students' schedules and their prices are less than half of NAU's. WSU is not quite as good when it comes to this issue, but you will receive a superior education at this institution.

I quit NAU because I couldn't look my students there in the eyes anymore. I knew they were getting a terrible education, and I knew the school was just in it for the money. Further, they have no resources for their students. There are not advisors there to help you on the academic track for your degree, and there are no career counselors to help you find a job when you graduate. Almost all colleges (including community colleges) provide these services for students, but NAU does not care about their students' futures as long as they have veteran's benefits or qualify for financial aid. I have taught at a number of universities, and I warn everyone I know about NAU.

Overall, just be sure to shop around and choose the school that is right for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Warren National University [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone used this online school and been directed from them to get a loan from Wells Fargo? I only had about sseven classes to complete and I would have had a BA in Business Marketing. I am still paying on my loan to wells fargo. Does anyone know how to get a refund or at least a partial?

Is National University a good school? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am looking to get my Masters Degree in San Diego, CA. Can anyone tell me what they know about National University. Also, if they have good accreditation? Thanks so much!! Denise

Warren national university [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this school is a good school? I would like to know the background of it.

View more questions Search