Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonkybon12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 07:56 AM
    I need help, seriously
    I have been looking for study tips since the 9th grade (I'm in final yr uni now, so that means -7 yrs), so I know almost all available studying tips(st in chunks, sqr3, group studying, everything), memory methods, concentration techniques. I always make plans for exams 2 months prior and end up studying only a day before the exam. Its not like I don't try. I sit with my books and study at the starting. I read, I understand, but that's it. I don't remember any of it. So that brings my motivation down and I end up not studying 3rd day onwards. And recently I haven't been able to study even the day before. Since I do average or below average or scrape through the exams most of the times, my teachers, parents, counselors don't take it seriously, they just keep scolding/encouraging me to study an stop wasting time. Its not like I want to. I just sit with the book and nothing goes in. And the course is so huge that I'm afraid I'll never be able to finish it, and I end up doing NOTHING AT ALL. I just have 2 months left for my final exams, and I know I'll do this again, like every exam until now, only this time my chances of failing are much much higher than ever, because its really difficult. I've read about ADHD and all, I might have it but the psychiatrist says its not and has the same solution like everyone else -STUDY, like I don't know that. He gave me lexapro for a few months though (no help, because I don't think its depression). Help me help me help me please. I don't want to fail.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2010, 09:16 AM

If you've tried all sorts of studying tips over the years and have even seen a doctor (but refuse to try out the meds he prescribed because you don't agree with him?), what can a Web site do for you?

I suggest you return to that doctor and talk more about Lexapro or some other med that will help your brain synapses fire more consistently. It sounds like something organic that you have no control over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search