Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sirgalloway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Felon getting a college degree?
    I am a 43 year old man with 2 felonys. My first one was in 2005 for assault on a nurse in the emergency room. I never went to prison but did 4 months in county jail, and received a 3rd degree assault conviction. My second felony actually happened in 2004 but wasn't convicted until 2007 for possession of stolen property. They are both class c felonys, and I never went to prison. I didn't even have to do any jail time for the possession charge. We are coming up on 2011 and I was wondering what my options are as far as getting a good job if I went to college. Will I be allowed to even go to college? It seems I have the worst crimes, one violent , and the other is theft. Any advice would be welcomed Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 06:01 PM

Anyone can go to college. Do you have the money to go through and do you have your high school diploma ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a degree in business a good idea as a felon [ 1 Answers ]

I am in college and trying to get a business degree. Do you think that it will be difficult to find a job if I am a convicted felon (facilitation of stolen property). I put an ad on craigslist and the property turned out to be stolen. I do not want to get a degree in business and not be able to...

18, unexperienced, and no college degree [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 18, recent high school graduate, can't afford to go to college, and have only had one job in my entire life and that was when I was 16 for about 7 months at a local grocery store. I don't even know where to look. I'm trying not to be too picky considering how bad the economy is but I know for...

Don't have college degree [ 5 Answers ]

I don't have a college degree and my job doesn't require one. However, coworkers around me mention their degrees and I feel so out of place for not having a degree. Is it political suicide for me to admit that I do not have a degree? Does anyone share about not having a degree and how has that...

I'm a felon and a single mom wanting to get a degree [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a single mother who made some bad choices in my past I am paying for them but want to one day over come and become a mother my child can be proud of I want to become a physical theropist in jonesboro Arkansas but I've heard that I can't get help with my felonies what can I do?

View more questions Search