Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jan 1, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Humber college or Seneca college (Canada)
    Hi, I'm about to apply for an accounting advanced diploma in Toronto, Canada but I'm so confused about which college I should choose between Humber and Seneca.

I'll give you a website in case you can help me point out each one's weaknesses and good points.

Here is Humber : Accounting - 2009.2010 Humber Full-Time Postsecondary Calendar

Here is Seneca : Programs - Seneca College - Toronto, Canada , select a career--> accounting. There should be a list of accounting programs to choose.

Please help me out here!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 09:34 AM

Both colleges are good, but people choose either one for the location and accessibility. As a third choice, University of Western Ontario in Oshawa has excellent accounting courses as well. And there again, it is accessibility for people living northeast or east of Toronto.

Ms tickle (Toronto native)
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jan 1, 2009, 10:16 AM

Ok, so I've read further and found out that Humber offers scholarship, while Seneca has more paid work terms. This confuses me even more...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 11:47 AM

Hi Imnotok, paid work terms only means you can join the co-op student programme and work and get paid between semesters to gain more practical hands on experience in your field.

It all depends, basically, where you want to spend your time, in theory or practice. It may save you money in the longrun. I would inquire if this is the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private College closed in Ontario, Canada; how do I get a copy of diploma? [ 2 Answers ]

Private College closed in Ontario, Canada; how do I get a copy of diploma?

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

Should I drop out of a 2 year college and go to a 4 year college instead? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok last September I attended a two year college for one semester and I took a semester off due to financial difficulties. I was suppose to start school next week and I don't think I can make it. I told my friend and family I would go back to school this sept, I don't think that's going to happen...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search