Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WmLorentino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Replacing drive belt on Craftsman riding mower
    How do I replace the drive belt on a 125HP, 38" mastercraft riding mower?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I hope you just left out a decimal point or you have one bad tractor. You need to drop the mower deck all of the way and on most machines remove the blade driver belt, not the one that goes to each blade pulley. Once this guy is gone you should depress the clutch/brake peddal and there should be room to pry off the drive belt from the transmission end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Murray riding mower drive belt [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1997 17hp Murray riding mower with 42" cut. My drive belt has broken and I cannot read the part number. I was never given a manuel for this mower so I have no idea what to get. The model number is 42536x92A. If someone out there can help me I would certainly appreciate it a lot.

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman 30" 13.5 hp riding mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you, Please advise the technique in the removal and replacement of the clutch drive belt on this craftsman riding mower, model number 536270211. (Same as Murray Mower.) Thanks Steve

Deck belt for craftsman 15.5 riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 8yr old craftsman riding mower with a 42in deck I went to get a belt and I got the right one but I can not get it to go on do I need to remove any of the pullys or are there any tricks that I need to know or should it just go right on it is about 3inches to small. And I did disengage the...

Slow riding mower even after replacing the drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my 42" riding mower (Poulan) was progressively getting slow and slower. About 1 hear ago I replaced the drive belt. I just pulled it out to do the 1st mow down here in Texas. After 1 or 2 times around the yard, I was moving at a snails pace. Today, I replaced the drive belt. That didn't fix...

View more questions Search