Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 11:04 PM
    DirectSound output v2.2.6 error
    I installed a new Soundblaster soundcard and installed the associated software. This not only corrupted a bunch of my files, it also prevented my old sound card from working. I removed all the software and hardware, restored my computer to an earlier date and reinstalled my old soundcard. All seems to be fine except for the fact that my sound doesn't work. When I try to play an audio file the following message appears:

Bad DirectSuond driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078.

Please note I have tried to update the driver information through several different ways but yet have no luck. I have also tried intalling the sound card in various ports, but still no luck. If anyone has any suggestions to help me get sound working again it would be greatly appreciated.
    melchior123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2005, 09:28 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix this error... [ 17 Answers ]

Well its about outlook express... every time I open it there's an error show here it is: :confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:...

Error [ 2 Answers ]

I have a game I tried to download and all that comes up is the message as follows. 16 bit c drive / autoexc.nt system file not suitable. It's a old game that says for win 95 and I have a win. XP does this matter? Thank you

Dns Error [ 1 Answers ]

Ran Adaware On Xp With Service Pack 2. Quarantined Some 650 Files And Now Have No Internet Connection.seems Like It Should Work Still But Doesn't Until I Restore The Files... help Please. Im Not Very Computer Iliterate. Thanks.

Vxd error - win me os [ 3 Answers ]

Windows ME refuse to startup on a friend's system. It sticks with this error message: An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C004C715 in VXD VFAT (01)*000025. This was called from 0028:C182A5C0 in VXD voltrack (04)*00000430 It may be possible to continue normally. Well it doesn't continue...

Simple (but annoying) output problem... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone will immediately know the answer to this... I need to print out a " in a java console app, but I don't know how to do this, since what you plan on printing out is supposed to be surrounded by quotes. Please help, thanks!

View more questions Search