Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkbrace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Primer bulb will not blow gas in the carb
    I was given a Murry 4.5 bs mower and as soon as I put gas in, it started running out of the carb and primer bulb. I cleaned it really good with carb cleaner and replaced the float, pin and seat as well as the air filter gasket. It still will not put gas in the carb.

When I was putting the bowl back on the carb I noticed that there is an opening in the threads of the carb, does the bolt holes need to line up with this opening? I have tried several time to no avail, they are always off a 1/4 of a turn.

Should I have replaced the rubber O ring between the motor and the carb when I took the carb off to put on the new parts?

I originally thought this was fun to mess with but know I want to get it running like a scalded dog.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 06:58 AM
    This is likely why you got the machine free. Sounds like you should consider a carb rebuild kit. The bulb may also be cracked and leaking fuel and not building pressure when you pump it. Your description of the threads being off is an indicationn that something is really out of alignmnet. During the carb rebuild you will see clear direction for your carb. If you aren't into rebuilding it may be time for a pro but it will run you about $100. You decide if the mower is worth it to you. New ones are about $200.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed eater featherlight, primer bulb [ 8 Answers ]

I have a weed eater feather light that will not run. The primer bulb has a sizable crack in it but I'm still able to make it prime but it won't run. Is the crack in the primer bulb keeping it from running or do I have another problem? Also, does anyone have a link for weed eater parts? The...

Trap primer [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need a trap primer for a drain?

Primer bulb for push mower [ 3 Answers ]

I have a push mower that only stays running when the primer bulb is pushed in. When I let go of the bulb, it quits running. Does this mean there is a hole in the primer bulb. When I hold the primer bulb in it runs like it would normally. Any suggestions?? :confused:

Lots O Gas out the Carb (BriggsStratton14OHV) [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Simplicity Regent 5 speed with a BS 14 OHV. I had not used it in several weeks... I put gas in and drove it around the house, then parked it. That night I could smell gas in my house. In the morning, it cranked but would not turn over. I found that all the gas was gone! After adding...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

View more questions Search