Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Slow riding mower even after replacing the drive belt
    Hello, my 42" riding mower (Poulan) was progressively getting slow and slower. About 1 hear ago I replaced the drive belt. I just pulled it out to do the 1st mow down here in Texas. After 1 or 2 times around the yard, I was moving at a snails pace. Today, I replaced the drive belt. That didn't fix the issue. What else would it be? Pulleys? Transmission? I don't hear any odd noises, it just drives slow. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 30, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Is it a speed variator machine? Is it an automatic with shift on the go?

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken electric lawn mower belt [ 9 Answers ]

I have an old Craftsman electric mower. I do not know model number, but it is 12 amp and 18 inch deck (with 2 blades not 1). It is a push mower, not self-propelled and it is side discharge. I snapped a belt (which drives one of the blades) and cannot get a replacement. The belt has the...

Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hell0, My Husband Is Having A Problem With His Briggs And Stratton 16.5 Hp Riding Lawn Mower. It Is Blowing Oil Into The Carb. Can Anyone Help Me? Tks

I need help with my riding mower. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bolens model 660 riding mower. It's 4 years old. Last week I tried starting it but had problems. It sounded like the battery was dead, so I went buy a brand new one. Hooked it up and now it does absolutely nothing and it is stuck in gear. I cannot get it in neutral for some reason. So this...

Changing drive belt on MTD Yardbug mower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Mtd Yardbug mower, and need to know how to change the upper drive belt. It appears the belt was laid down, then the mower was built around it.

View more questions Search