Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry moore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Troy Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Mower
    I purchased a Troy Bilt Pony riding lawn mower two years ago this summer. I started it for the first time yesterday and after mowing for about 5 minutes, white smoke started coming out of the exhaust. I stopped the mower and restarted it after a minute or so. I drove about 10 feet and the smoke came out again. The fuel that was not drained over the winter (the mower is parked inside of a garage). The oil is clear. Any ideas as to what it might be or what I might try to determine what the problem is? Thanks. JM
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 17, 2007, 08:20 PM
    I would look again at the oil, it is more than likely fuel entering the crankcase. Drain and change the oil. This is a common problem so please post what you do or do not find.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is easy but I've never mowed a lawn so here goes... what kind of oil do I need to put in a Troy Built lawnmower that 6.75 horsepower? Thank you,

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

Troy Bilt Riding MOwer (Bronco) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower (42 inches deck) bought last year. I am looking to put a bagger with chute on it. Do you know if a Craftsman bagger ( 6 Bushel 2 - Bin Hard Bagger for 42" Deck ) will fit? I know all most of the available mowers in the market are built by MTD, do the...

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search