Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjgreenmomey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:15 AM
    22hp v-twin B&S won't start
    My v-twin 22 hp B&S mower won't start. If I put gas in carb it will run till that gas burns up.
    I am not getting any fuel in fuel filter. The mower is a poulan. I was woundering what could be the problem is there a fuel pump on this mower ? Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Yep, there is a pump just trace the fuel lines and you will see something,in-line, about the size of a plum, usually black. Disconnect the incoming fuel line to see if you can get gravity drain. No drain, check the line back to the tank for blockage and look for your fuel filter while dioing this. If everything checks out your pump has become suspect. Before replacing the pump I would attach a temporary tank or supply of fuel that can be held a foot above the engine to create a gravity feed. If the engine runs with the temp fuel supply change out the pump.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
    The pump is diaphragm type working from crankcase positive and negative pressure, it VERY rarely fails but is the first thing people want to replace. I would definitely look to fuel supply and more common blockages in carb.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Mower won't start (B&S) snapper [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't use it for 4 weeks. It won't start. I drained the gas and put fresh in it. Still won't start. Can I put started fuild or something in the tank to help it start?

Windows won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I've had problems for a while with Windows XP Home making several attempts before it completely started up, re-starting itself at different stages in the booting sequence an sometimes getting the desktop, icons etc complete, but nothing working when you click it, not even Start-Restart. Only way...

Megane won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 renult megane, when I turn rhe ignition key there is a small buzzing noise but the engine does not turn. I don't think this is the immobiliser because the car usually turns then cut out. Do you think this might be something simple like the starter motor.

Civic won't start... please help [ 2 Answers ]

It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark...

My PC won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Just installed windows xp 3 days ago, Now I put on my PC and it won't start... the lights donot even come on I changed the cords but it still won't work

View more questions Search