Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roberts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Sharpening mowers
    What is the best way to sharpen the blades on a cylender mower.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Do you mean a gas mower ? You would sharpen the blades the same way you do on an electric mower; I use a file or if they are really dull I take them off and get them sharpened professionally.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 5, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Are you speaking of a reel type mower? If so they do need to be professionaly sharpened. Don NOT try it with any other means.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circular saw blade sharpening [ 8 Answers ]

Any pointers on sharpening circular saw blades, can a 3 cornered file be used, what about setting the teeth. Also how about simple tools for sharpening carbide teeth

Mower sharpening [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very small lawn service but want to keep my blades sharp. It gets expensive having a service company do it. I have a small grinder. What's the best way to sharpen them--in particular, is there a product that can somehow hold the blade and thus insure an even balance/sharpness? I

Lawn Chief Riding Mowers [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I purchase a spark plug for our riding mower? My husband misplaced the spark plug that was in the mower.

Small Riding Mowers Comparison [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1/4 acre lot in Fl and because I'm disabled I need a small riding mower, preferably with a Kohler engine(had a lot of bad luck with B&S) What do you recommend?

View more questions Search