Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniranj2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 08:11 PM
    John deere l130 engine problems?
    Mower starts up fine, runs for about 10 to 12 minutes, then engine slowly dies out. Will not start for a few minutes then starts and again dies, Have replaced the fuel pump, plugs, fuel filter, cleaned the carburetor and still the same problem
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Might check the fuel tank cap make sure its venting.
    Luck

Nov 21, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Thank you for your kind reply, I checked that out too. Is it possible that the carburetor solenoid is not working correctly?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
    Anything is possible . Most of time they work or not.
    How long does it run when you restart it ?

Nov 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
    It runs for a few minutes. If I let is cool for a while maybe about 15 minutes. If I give it about 10 minutes time it will run for only about 5 minutes.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Try starting it with the gas cap removed, how long id it run?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L130 [ 9 Answers ]

My John Deere L130 will start but only run for a second. I can do this several times at full throttle and full choke and it only runs for a second or two. If I retard the throttle to 50% it will run a few seconds longer but that's it. I know this must be a fuel flow issue but the filter liooks...

John Deere L130 [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone have an electrical diagram and an engine diagram for the L130 Koeler 23 hp?

John deere l130 engine problems [ 6 Answers ]

We have a John Deere L130 it starts fine but then the engine revs and then slows non stop. We were told to put "Sea Foam" in the fuel tank and that has not helped. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks

John Deere L130 [ 3 Answers ]

Subject: John Deere L130 Mower Is there a way to adjust the drive belt on this mower? Not the mowing deck belt but the drive belt. Thanks in advance for any help. Jimmy

John Deere L130 [ 1 Answers ]

Concerning my 3yr. Old John Deere riding mower L130 w/23HP Kohler engine. The pedals that you depress to make it go forward and backwards seem to have lots of slack or looseness in them. My neighbor has the same machine and his has no looseness and respomds to foot movement quickly. Can this be...

View more questions Search