Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frustrated3631 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 10:24 AM
    Sears craftsman riding mower won't start? It was running fine when last parked. It wi
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 11:04 AM

When did you last park it?

If it was last season, did you drain the gas tank or put Stabil in it?
    Frustrated3631 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 06:04 AM
    Hey Rick... I last parked it about three months ago and it was running perfectly... If I pour gas into the carb, it will run now until that fuel runs out and then it dies... it's like it's not getting any fuel from the tank to the carb... I checked all of the lines to the carb and they are clear...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 01:14 PM
    If all the lines are clear, look for a plugged fuel filter or dirt in the main carb needle.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 3, 2011, 04:34 PM

It does sound like either the carb needs cleaning or the fuel solenoid on the bottom or the carburetor is not working right and it is stopping the gas from going through the carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Craftsman riding mower will not start [ 9 Answers ]

Sears Craftsman riding mower will not start. Not a click sound. Battery is good. I think the key switch is good. When I checked it has continuity when switched to ON. Where do I need to check next?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Sears 13.5 hp riding mower just quit running . [ 1 Answers ]

While I was cutting the grass, my rider just quit running. The tank was full. When I went to re-start it, there was no clocking sounds at all. What do you think ?

Pully removal from a sears craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

Im trying to remove the pully from the transmission on a craftsman riding mower. Does anyone know if the pully or shaft has to be heated to remove? I've soaked it with wd40 and it still won't budge!

View more questions Search