Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesvg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 07:10 PM
    Craftsman riding lawn mower won't start
    My riding lawnmower will not start. I have replaced battery. The manual says to engage choke, but I don't have a manual choke. The lawnmower cranks but won't start.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Oct 10, 2010, 07:23 PM

You should have a choke. Many times it is with the throttle. If you push the throttle all the way up it engages the choke. Then as soon as it starts you can back off the throttle to a normal running speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My tractor quit on me during my grass cutting. I have not been able to get it started. I've Changed the air filters, a new spark plug, a new solenoid, a new fuel filter, a new battery. When I put it on choke and try to start it, the engine turns but won't start. After that,all I hear is the...

Ran over tennis shoe, now craftsman riding lawn mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Ran over a tennis shoe in the grass. It wedged the mower blade tight. Tennis shoe is out, now mower won't start. Engine turns over but won't catch.

Craftsman LT200 riding lawn mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I suspect the key was left turned on and the battery is dead.Can you try to jump or charge the battery or do you need to replace it? Thanks for your help.

Craftsman lawn mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman LTX 1000 42" cut with 20 HP ohv intek engine. I was cutting my grass the other day and stopped and turned off the mower about halfway threw the job,about 15 min latter I went back to finish the job and it would not start.:eek: I tried letting it cool about 3hrs and that did not...

Craftsman lawn mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 5.5 mower and it will not keep running. I have changed the spark plug, taken the carb. Off and cleaned it making sure all ports are clear, changed the gas, etc. If I poor gas in the cylinder it will start but will not keep running. There is only one adjustment on the carb. And I...

View more questions Search