Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkellogg88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 05:18 AM
    My briggs and stratton 10hp won't stay running for longer than 5 minutes.
    I have had a dead short on my 10hp briggs and stratton ( motor number 251707-0149 ) and it would'nt charge. I replaced the stator so now the dead short is fixed, it is charging only slightly though. It will run for about 5 minutes or less then the ignition ( replaced points with electronic many years ago ) starts breaking down the motor quites and the battery is too week to refire the engine. Please Help.

Check out some similar questions!

10HP Briggs and Stratton Generator Engine [ 24 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Recently, I was using my Generac 5550 generator with a 10HP Briggs & Stratton OHV, model 204412, Type 0142 engine, and it started running rough and puffing black smoke. So I bought the repair manual. Took everything apart to the piston, cleaned the carbon off the pistons and...

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

1994 Briggs/Stratton 16HP Twin II (Runs but won't stay running) [ 10 Answers ]

This motor is on a 1994 Murray riding mower. The initial problem started last year when I lost spark in 1 cylinder. I replaced the coil, regained spark in both cylinders. But now this season, it will only run if gas is poured into carburetor, it seems to have vacuum but carb won't pull gas through....

Briggs and stratton won't stay running until hot [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 5HP B & S engine on a log splitter. Until this year it has run perfectly for 15 years. This year it won't stay running until it gets hot. It starts very easily but runs less than a minute (maybe as much as fuel in the carb from the pull start ?) I restart it 2-3 times before it will...

Engine briggs&stratton 10hp [ 1 Answers ]

I require to buy 1 engine-brigg & stratton for use in a power plus generator. New or used. Thank you

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.