Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rednekromeo85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 04:25 PM
    I need to know how to get the drive belt around the steering column on a scotts 15hp,
    I have a scotts 15hp, 42" riding mower. I have the drive belt on but I need to go around the steering column and I can't figure out how to do that without taking the whole frame apart.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 05:38 PM

Take the nut # 16 out of the bottom of the colunm and lift it up. Slide your belt oo.
    Luck
    Attached Images

DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 05:48 PM
    I'm sorry the first one wasn't the right one,this is you have to take the bolt put of the steering wheel that goes through the column and pull the shaft down and out you will have to raise the mower up.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a drive belt diagram for a scotts mower? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to get the drive belt around the steering column on a scotts 15hp, 42" riding mower.

Scotts S1642 by John Deere Drive Belt Diagram [ 3 Answers ]

1. Looking for a Scotts S1642 by John Deere Drive Belt Diagram. Owners manual only has a diagram for the deck/mower belt. The diagram on the John Deere web site has four pulleys but mower has five. Any help would be appreciated.

Scotts 1642h drive belt replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My son-in-law gave me a Scotts 16 x 42 automatic that he said ran fill but just did't go forward or reverse. I looked up underneath and the belt appears to be broken and entangled. I can get a new belt from my local John Deere Parts store but then how do I put it on. I'm also not sure its worth...

Drive belt replacement on Scotts 2046H [ 3 Answers ]

I need a picture of the drive belt replacement on Scotts 2046H . Specifically the pulley position and belt alignment. This is a 20 hp 46" deck cut Scotts riding mower. 2001

Clunk in steering column [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a 2005 kia amanti last year. When test driving it I told the dealership that there were a few things that needed to be fixed before I would buy it. One of the things was a single clunk noise that seemed to be felt in the steering column. I could have it in park and turn the wheel...

View more questions Search