Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    images001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Gas Lawn chief 540 14/43 BELT size?
    Broke a belt (again) and have discarded the belt - now I need a replacement and have no idea what belt size to us. Wish I hadn't thrown the belt out - doh.

Jacques
    [email protected]
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 05:52 PM
    What you can do is take a piece of rope... put it around the pulleys just like the belt would be.. cut it to length... then measure.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 15, 2006, 06:01 PM
    The string method works well, you may look under the foot rests for diagram and or part number. (I am assuming this is a rider?)
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn chief mower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Have a lawn chief mower that won't start. I think it is the ignition switch and not the connectors behind it. When I turned the key to run the light came on but wouldn't turn over like it did minutes before. I probably would have a hard time finding a replacement ignition switch. My question would...

Lawn chief 12/39 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in...

Lawn Chief 11hp B & S [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work. Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.

Lawn Chief not running [ 5 Answers ]

:( I found out the mower is a Lawn Chief. But it will not run for very long. The carburator has new parts, the transmission is fine, but when it is started it will quit as soon as it is put in the run or idle position. Think it may be the motor, but any ideas on what part?

View more questions Search