Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stikit100 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 05:37 AM
    13hp briggs and stratton
    Help needed please I have a hayter ride on mower with a 13 briggs stratton engine .it will run OK without the air filter and breather pipe connected but as soon as I refit the air filter ,plug rubber breather pipe in place and then it won't start .if I put my thumb in the breather it won't run .I have checked the breather disc and it looks OK but mabey I'm not sure what to look for .any help
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2006, 07:58 PM
    The breather just lets internal crankcase pressure out.. but let me get this right... when you put your finger over it with the air filter off, it won't run?
    stikit100 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Yep if I put my finger over the rubber tube and try to start the mower it won't start
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 11:06 AM
    You can try replacing the breather along with the tube... and see then what it does... while your there, make sure the valve springs are not offset, and no holes are plugged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search