Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randy1212 Posts: 111, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Toro snow blower need to know what the round thing is ?
    Have a toro snow blower 12hp started vary hard found that when I took of the round thing by the starter housing wires from the key switch and other controls run to this round thing is unbolted it starts fine?? When it is on and it grounds the coil out.? Can you tell me what that round thing is? And how to check it to make sure it is bad. When it is running and I touch it to the block it shuts off the motor and I can feel it shocking me when I touch it. Thanks..
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:40 PM

Take a pic and post.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 08:19 PM

Find your model and then pull up a parts diagram, share it with us. Toro - Two Stage Power Max Snow Blowers We don't know what round thingy you got there.

Apr 14, 2009, 08:23 PM

Got a pic not sure how to post it
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 08:26 PM

Unfortunately you are talking to the only AMHD expert too dumb to help with that. Maybe one of my peers can step in and help us both.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 08:26 PM

Go to "Go advanced/manage attachments".

If too big use IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide to re-size.

Apr 14, 2009, 09:08 PM

Well I can't get the pic to post here.. I really need some help . It it a toro 824 model.

Apr 14, 2009, 09:22 PM

This is a silver round part it has 1 wire coming out of it and has like 3 wires that attch to it. And they all ground they come from the key swith witch just turns on or off. There is no battery. Some sort of a switch? I tested with ome meter and from side to side on the post there is current but switch doesn't change it so that is why I think it is bad ? Ask away if you can help me.. this round thing the wires run to the coil to ground it out to shut it off. Thanks

Apr 15, 2009, 05:35 AM

I found it on the diagram looks like they call it a interlock module its inwith the handle bar stuff. All the switches run to it and it kills the coil? Sound right let me know what you think thanks...
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:25 AM

OK, if that's what it is, you'll have to find out which switch is killling the engine. What, you don't know at this point is if some or all are norammly open or normally closed.

I would expect that it's nothing more than a junction box and it detects closed switches.

However, if one wanted to be safer, it could look for say one or more switches to be open initially. Say for the first few seconds after turning.
    On the key. I doubt it.

Apr 15, 2009, 06:27 AM

When un bolt that model from the block where it is attached it runs if I touch it when it is running it kills the motor it also shocks me when I touch it

Apr 15, 2009, 06:29 AM
    As far as testing it I can put a ome meter on both sides of the switch and it regesters that it is open? Turn the switch it doesn't change stays open? Is the model bad you think thanks
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:57 AM

It's hard to tell because of no wiring diagram. A bad switch is more likely.

If Toro decided that the switches a "diode or'ed", then it would make each switch isolated and you should not turn on the diode and you could test independently.

I'd initially try the ohmeter thing on each switch, operate it and look for a change. If you don't get one, then you'll have to isolate each switch.

Not sure how many you have.

Apr 15, 2009, 06:59 AM

You I need to try and test them all.. thanks for the imput

Apr 15, 2009, 07:33 AM

Found it... the key is so loose in the switch it touches the nut that holds the switch in and kills it.? Thanks a lot for your help... sure helps with some imput..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Leaf Blower [ 2 Answers ]

Toro leaf blower. Hard to start. Soaks the spark plug in gas . Is the carb gumed up and flooding the spark plug?

7.5 Toro Snowblower will not throw snow, but machine runs fine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My 7.5 HP Toro snowblower runs great, but here is the problem. The auger appears to spin fine until it hits the snow and it stops spinning and gets clogged up with snow. I am not sure if I have to replace a belt or something? If anybody knows what the issue may be and knows if this is...

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

View more questions Search