Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seth94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Murray 14 hp 42" cut Blade Drive Belt Loose
    What are ways of tightening the blade drive belt on a Murray Model 42813A
    Riding lawn mower with a 42" wide cut? Just installed new one & blades will turn while mower is stationary, but will stop while trying to run over any grass?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Did you get the same size (matched) belt?

Aug 31, 2006, 08:54 AM
    I purchased the belt (37 x 75) that the owner's manual called for, but have no idea if the belt that I replaced (which broke) was the same size. I will check the old belt for a size.

Sep 5, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Old belt was the same size. I modified idler pulley spring to increase belt tension and the mower ran fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lowe's (MTD) 16/42 Drive Belt [ 3 Answers ]

My father gave me Lowe's 1642 riding mower but the drive belt keeps coming off. I have put a new idler pulley on and it still does this. I took the middle cover off and watched the clutch pulley when I was mowing and the belt seems to get too much slack in it and thrown off. Are there any belt...

Polan/weedeater lawnmower drive belt [ 10 Answers ]

Can someone help me figure out how to replace the belt on my poulan/weedeater mower?

17.5 Murray riding mower 3 blade deck belts [ 5 Answers ]

I have this riding mower and need to know the # for the blade engage belt. The one on there is too big..

How do I put a new drive belt on MTD. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the drive belt on my MTD riding mower. I can't remove the pulley attached to the engine to get the belt on. I removed the bolt at the bottom of pulley but the pulley still does not come off. This is a 16 hp. Riding mower with 2 spark plugs, model #1360675H302, serial #...

Electrical outlets "loose" [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently purchased a 16 year-old home. Great house, but we've noticed that when we plug anything into any of the electrical outlets, the plugs don't want to stay in firmly, they just hang there loosely. Is there anything we can do to remedy the situation?

View more questions Search