Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krujane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Reverse direction of an electric motor
    Hi.. can anyone tell me how to reverse the rotation of an electric motor.. 1hp- 240 volt -7 amp -phase 1- class e- pole 2- rpm3000- heat 60c.. hope someone can help.. thanks krujane
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Dec 22, 2008, 04:08 PM

If there is no wiring diagram on the motor, it will be difficult to tell you if it is even possible unless we would be able to see the wiring connections and recognize what is available. Usually reversible motors will have the diagram right on the rating plate.

EPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reverse ceiling fan direction? [ 18 Answers ]

We moved into our home that already had a very nice Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed, but we have no instruction manual... It is a model that has a remote control, with an up light, down light and lo-med-high settings for the fan. However, we have noticed that the way the fan is blowing (counter...

Reverse rotation electric motor [ 8 Answers ]

How do I reverse the direction of rotation of a bench grinder. I want to use it for sharpening of wood-working tools and have been told the direction the grinding wheels spin should be counter-clockwise:confused:

AC motor direction of rotation. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Folks, Can anyone tell me about the typical operation of start motor windings of a tumble dryer motor? My timer is broken, and the dryer can start rotating in either direction, the problem being it will work (ie dry the clothes) in one direction, and not in the other. Once it starts in a...

Inducer Motor Direction [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier WeatherMaker 8000 and my inducer motor goes in the opposite direction when furnace is not running. Could this cause a mis-firing. Without consistency I get a code 14 or 34 when furnace fails to work. Completed a component test and all seems well. Help.

Reverse blade direction [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan without a manual. The remote control does not have a reverse button and the fan housing does not have a reverse swith. How do I reverse the blade direction?

View more questions Search