Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RCTYOI Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Honda Riding Mower - New Blades
    I recently change the mower blades, now the mower doesn't cut grass, the blades engage and rotate... however they are not cutting or discharging anything..
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2006, 09:29 PM
    Make sure you didn't put them on upside down.

Jul 8, 2006, 02:09 AM
    How do you tell which side is up.. which way do the blades spin clock or counter clock wise?
    bossgobbler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Why don't you just flip them over and see if they cut?:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 8, 2006, 05:27 AM
    I have a Honda rider. The grass discharges out the right side so that indicates that the blades spin counterclockwise. The blades mount with the cutting edge facing to the rear. Good luck, Tom

Jul 9, 2006, 04:13 AM
    speedball1 - Thanks I had the blades on correctly... however the belt was crossed so the blades were rotating counter clock wise... when I corrected the belt the blades now rotate clockwise and the cutting edge facing to the rear the grass is being cut and discharged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda riding mower problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older Honda 3011 Riding Mower that won't start without jump starting it. I just replaced the battery with a new one and I checked it with a voltmeter and it reads 11.8... I seem to remember car batterys usually reading 13+ so is this OK or too low? I have already checked the belts,...

Mtd riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one I have a very old mtd riding lawn mower that my mother gave me but it keeps throwing the drive belt. My mother thinks that the way she was putting the belt on is wrong does any one know how the belt should go on its about a 1986 model mower.

MTD Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings All, I have an MTD 12hp 36inch cut riding mower that I just bought as a spare. I was told it needed a new battery so I bought and installed it. Problem is when I try to start it I get a whining or "spinning" sound. I'm far from being a mechanic BUT it sounds like a starter and or...

Honda Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda 3813 riding mower. It starts fine, but once I engage the blade, the mower proceeds very slowly in 5th gear then dies out (chokes out). When I don't have the blade engaged, it moves fine. It also will not go up a slight incline without choking out. Any suggestions?

MTD 18 HP riding mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 18 Hp MTD mower which won't start. Does not get gas, tank full, new gas filter, and new spark plugs. Has two kill switches on it.

View more questions Search