Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Honda HS35 won't throw snow
    I have a Honda HS35 snow blower that won't throw snow. The rubber blades are a bit worn but I would think it should throw something. The machine also operates at a fairly low rpm and when I raise the rpm it will throw snow but just enough to get past the discharge chute. I want to buy new paddles for it but I want to make sure that is the problem before I go wasting any money. I have seen video's of these blowers in action and mine doesn't come close.

Thanks for your comments
    ghowie69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 09:01 AM

I have the same model, same problem. The motor was tuned last winter and it ran like a charm, now it won't blow snow. My mechanic says it has to be the rubber blades (auger, blower). Will let you know how it works.
    mazzov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Please keep me posted.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 02:53 PM

Hi,
    Sounds like an engine RPM problem. The engine horsepower is rated at 3600 RPM and that should be about what it should be turning with the auger engaged but unladen. The manual can be downloaded from Honda Power Equipment - Honda Power Equipment
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda HS35 snowblower starter cord [ 2 Answers ]

The starter cord came out after a couple pulls. It used to work great. Since the cord not broke there is sufficient cord to use the same cord. I have it all apart and see the spring tightens when I turn it toward the front of the machine. Where do I install the cord and how exactly does it get...

Honda HS35 Starting problems [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used Honda HS35. The first two times I used it, it started fine. After the last use the engine start switch was accidentally left in the on position for about a week. Since then I have not been able to start the engine... it doesn't even try to start. Checked the plug and it is...

Remove knobs - honda hs35 snow blower [ 9 Answers ]

My aged Honda HS35 Snow Blower runs like a dream and usually started at the first pull. However, the sort of u-shaped wire at the bottom of the Choke Knob shaft somehow came loose from wherever it is supposed to connect to. The wire is still connected to the Choke Knob shaft at the other end. I...

Used honda civic: is ABS necessary for snow? [ 3 Answers ]

We are looking to buy a used honda civic LX model 2003 in good condition with 51k miles on it. The dealer price is 12,340$. But we will be using the car in snow in Michigan and honda LX models before 2006 don't have ABS. is ABS a must for snow driving?. if not,is this deal good enough?thanks a lot...

Honda Hs35 snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There; My hubby just picked up (literally) a decent looking blower. All of ours previously have been attached to tractors. I was wondering if anyone out there might have a manual they were no longer using or an unwanted spare manual to assist. He's good, but sometimes gets frustrated with...

View more questions Search