Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hubsterb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Removing Carb Bowl on John Deere
    Ok, I've removed many carb bowls on lawn equipment and in the past have had no trouble. I guess I have a case of the "stupids". I have a John Deere 9100 Series lawn mower with a Briggs 17hp Intek engine. The solenoid on the bottom of the carb bowl has no nut or shoulder on it, neither does the stem it swivels on. I really don't think grabbing the stem with a pair of channel locks to try and turn it is the way to go, but I don't see any other way to remove the bowl. Please help a knucklehead out. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 08:31 PM

This site offers both manuals and customer support. You're no dummie, they just make things more complicated today and prefer you get frustrated and call their repair people. Sears is even more famous for that than Deere and Briggs. Home - Briggs & Stratton
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 07:44 PM

Tell us what they said to do, many others will research this topic and might like to know the answer. Glad I could help you, Bob.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I Need deck for john deere L110 can someone help me

John deere lx 176 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm in uk does anyone know where I can download for free a copy of the user guide for this tractor mower ? Also if any one knows of any known faults please could you let me know .thanking you in advance

John deere 118 no fuel to carb [ 1 Answers ]

Won't start no fuel to carb.

No fuel in carb bowl [ 3 Answers ]

I recently obtained a briggs and stratton 20hp riding mower that won't run. Free of course. The original owner said it quit running one day while cutting the yard. I took the carb apart and cleaned it. It was reinstalled and an attempt was made to crank it. When it did not crank, I squirted gas in...

View more questions Search