Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJFLASH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 04:24 PM
    John Deere L110 wiring diagram
    Tractor only starts up occasionally and when it does it will then quit running at any time. When it dies it seems to act like one of the safety switches is causing it to stop (break, pto, seat, backup) and there is no ignition spark. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model. If it also showed the switch locations that would be great. Does anyone know if there is a way to just jump out all the safeties so I could test start the thing.

A similar question was asked last year and was answered by Esquire1 but no diagram was offered.
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Aug 23, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Have you tried to unplugging the kill wire from the coil?

If you still don't have spark, then the coil is bad. If you do, then get into wiring and switching devices.

Aug 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
    There's a "kill" wire!? I'll try to find one.

I'm back... couldn't find a coil much less a "kill" wire. It's too dark now to keep looking but any additional info or the wiring diagram would be appreciated.

Aug 23, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Small black "kill" wire from the coil

Aug 23, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Black wire... okay that's a help... not a RED kill wire... coming from the coil. I'll look first thing in morning. :rolleyes:

Aug 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I found the coil and there are only 2 wires on it. One going to the spark plug and one for the coil input. Naturally if either are disconnected the thing won't start. There is no separate "kill" wire going to the coil that kills the ignition if one of the safeties is tripped.

Its rather disappointing. It looks like the majority of questions here never get any answer and what answers there are come from only a few overworked members. Can't believe nobody here has a schematic or other suggestions. This must be a common problem.

Aug 24, 2008, 02:48 PM
    I have emailed some other sites for the diagram but haven't heard back yet. I know you can contact John Deere but usually they will charge you.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Switches are under the seat, on the transmission, brake and on the pto bracket inside the dash. Also pull the ground wire off where it is grounded to the frame behind the engine and inside the pedestal and make sure there is bare metal there where it is sucured to

Aug 24, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I pretty much now think it is not one of the safety switches. Symptoms are, right now, that it will crank but not start, and there is no spark. I measured the seat switch & it is OK (normally closed, opens when somebody on seat). The PTO switch must be OK because when engaged the mower won't crank and when not engaged the mower will crank. The safety switch for the break must be OK for the same reason. The switch for the reverse button don't matter in this case (I hope) since the mower is not in reverse.

The thing used to start and run for a period (sometimes 5 minutes. Sometimes 1 hour). When it was about to die it would stutter, restart, stutter some more, then die. Just like it does when a safety it trying to make the thing shut off. That's why I thought it was a safety switch.

I now think it may be the coil so I'm going to swap the coil for one in my other tractor which runs fine except the break is locked and I can't get it unlocked. See/comment my other question which I posted about the stuck break.

Thanks guys, I'll post what happens.
    mbwhite Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 02:26 PM
    On the pto arm of a jd l110 there is a spring extension where does this attach?

May 22, 2010, 02:27 PM
    [QUOTE=mbwhite;2361831]on the pto arm of a jd l110 there is a spring extension where does this attach?

May 22, 2010, 02:29 PM

On the pto arm there is a spring extension, where does this attach?
    There is also a spring locking pin, where does it go?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere L110 deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

John deere L110 deck belt diagram Anyone know where I can view The belt diagram for this riding mower??

John Deere L110 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2003 John Deere L110. At the beginning of this mowing season, when I cranked it, the engine tried to crank with it in the run position and stopped cranking in the crank position! Then it just stopped cranking altogether. I replaced the ignition switch and that did not help. I replaced...

John Deere L110 [ 2 Answers ]

A stick broke two of the plastic fan blades on the fan that sits on top of the trans axle. The grand kids were using the mower for a dune buggy. Anyhow I think its called a trans axle this is causing the belt that rides on the fan pulley, to vibrate quite bad. I want to replace the fan. Any advise...

John Deere - My dog ripped the wiring Out - Need Wiring Diagram or photos [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old L110 that ran fine until last week. I think my dog chased a chipmunk up under the hood and in trying to get to him ripped a bunch of wires out. I have spliced back together the obvious wires (color coded) but I have one black wire that I assume is a ground(?) and the two...

John Deere L110 [ 3 Answers ]

John deere model L110 Mower was working fine. I got off it to add more gas, when I got back on it would not start. I turn the key and nothing, no clicking, nothing. I disconnected the pressure switch from the seat and still nothing. Mower blades are not engaged. What am I missing, it still...

View more questions Search