Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irish1a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Craftsman lawn tractor Kohler cranks, backfires then dies
    I have an 8 yr old 15.5 Kohler engine Craftsman ride on mower that cranks for quite a bit, then starts, backfires then dies. I have changed the sparkplug which made no difference. Any tips?

Dennis
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Check the flywheel key.
    irish1a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    check the flywheel key.
    It did. It is ok. The motor has spark, compression and fuel. The fuss is 15 amp and is not broken. Any other ideas.
    linebacker0000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 08:35 PM
    Clogged fuel filter, replace fuel filter and check for debris in fuel tank that may be floating over the outlet that the fuel line is connected to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Craftsman garden tractor 25 hp Kohler engine [ 2 Answers ]

Before I purchase, has anyone experienced mechanical problems with Kohler engine?

Remove the flywheel? KOHLER 25hp Lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove the flywheel from my Kohler 25hp lawn mower/tractor. Having a heck of a time getting it off. Any suggestions? Do they make a tool to remove the flywheel? Or can I improvise? Let's hear some ideas, folks?:(

Craftsman Lawn tractor engine dies [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor (model #917-257481). The engine dies when I pull out the PTO switch to engage the mower. Have replaced PTO switch and the "clutch" switch. It still does it. I can hear the PTO engage. With the new "clutch" switch installed it also dies when you let out the clutch. I...

Lawn tractor dies [ 2 Answers ]

My Poulan Pro riding lawn tractor starts easily. If I try to release the clutch after I put it in gear, it dies. If I try to engage the blades, it dies. What could cause this?

View more questions Search