Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jun 2, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Lawn Mower Blade Removal
    Any suggestions on getting a blade off a lawn mower. I spent about an hour with a can of WD-40, ratchets, vice-grips, a hammer and I can't get the bolt to budge. Any secret tips out there? It's a standard 21" Murray push mower for reference.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Wrong tools.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...=blade+removal

Actually a 1/2" breaker bar is better. Pipe wrenches can be used to hold the shaft, but not recommended.

Impact wrench and impact socket is ideal. You can probably rent one (Electric or air).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Harmony Mower - Blade Removal [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to put a new set of blades on my Honda Harmony mower. I am having a difficult time removing the old blades. Any suggestions?

Troy-Bilt riding mower blade removal [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remove the blades but the nut on both blades won't budge. I sprayed them both with WD40 but still not happening. I got the mower up on jack stands so that I could at least sharpen the blades but they are in bad shape and still cut rough. I didn't want to try and loosen the nuts while...

Attaching 48 in snow blade to craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find instructions for attaching a craftsman 48 in snow blade to a craftsman lawnmower?

Lawn Mower blade replacement [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace the blade on a Craftsman Lawn Mower Model 22" 6.75 hp?

Sears Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Blade adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

My Sears Craftsman 42" cut riding lawnmower has 2 blade decks. With the height adjustment lever in the highest position (or in any position), the left blade/deck cuts lower than the right. How do I adjust the left blade deck/blade to a higher position?l

View more questions Search