Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Hosty Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Briggs and Stratton engine
    My Briggs and Stratton 10D902 lawnmower engine is running very rich. The air cleaner is OK
    Can you please advise
    greazy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Check to see if the choke is stuck in the closed position if not it could be a float in the carb has a hole init and overflowing the carb.good luck.
    John Hosty Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy
    check to see if the choke is stuck in the closed position if not it could be a float in the carb has a hole init and overflowing the carb.good luck.
    The carb does not have a float or a choke. The engine has a diaphragm type carb
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Clean the carb, readjust, run some sea-foam, or berryman's b-12 through the fuel system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20.5HP Briggs and Stratton Engine Ignition [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 20.5HP Briggs and Stratton engine that turns over once or twice, then doesn't do anything else. New battery, all leads cleaned (battery terminals, solenoid leads, starter lead). The engine is about 10 years old. I don't know a great deal about small engines, so please keep it in layman's...

Briggs and stratton engine replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Okay.. I have a John Deere 240.. I just replaced the motor with a Briggs and Stratton 18.5 hp. Come to find out the new motor doesn't have any kind of fuel pump and relys on a gravity feed. So I bought a low volume , low oressure fuel pump and installed it.. The mower ran great for about 20...

14.5 Briggs and Stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to adjust the valves on a 14.5 over head valve engine? Thanks, roustaboutx

12.5 briggs&stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs &strattonengine in my ride on lawn mower the battery won't charge when the engine is running

View more questions Search