Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunter25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
    16.5hp briggs & stratton
    Motor starts and runs for 10-15 seconds and then dies. Noticed lot of gas around air filter. Had carb rebuilt and still same problem.?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
    You probably have crud in the gas tank, lines or filter. Rust will do it every time. You may have to inspect the fuel system and take the carb apart and at a minimum clean the fuel valve.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 05:34 AM
    The entire fuel system should be cleaned when you find any type of debris within the carb bowl.
    hunter25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Didn't find anything in fuel system. Rebuilt carb seems to be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Gas What Oil for a briggs and stratton [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a murray 11/36 riding mower with a briggs and stratton engine, mind you I am a city boy from northern California, and I don't know a thing about riding mowers. What type of gas do I use and what kind of oil do I use? I do know in a regular mower I use unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil.

16.5 hp briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 16.5 hp Briggs and Statton riding mower,and have had the starter rebuilt. I was told that before I put it back on the mower I need to have "The Valve" turned or it would be pointless.My question is what valve needs to be turned and where is it located.I am assuming I would takr the...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

View more questions Search