Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodpellets Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Heating with wood pellets
    Dear community members,
    I have read the annotation for the article "The Technologies of Biomass and Coal Co-Combustion in Pulverized-Coal Furnaces" located Wood products and the idea of installing both wood pellet heating and coal heating systems in a house.

Do yo know any examples when such an experience was successful?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Check the actual cost of fuel. Wood pellets are not cheap for the BTU content.
    Then you have to buy a special stove/burner.
    Then you can have insurance problems for your house since it is considered a wood stove.
    The units have to be install to there listing with UL or CSA.

Too much of a pain in the A$$ for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grown Up Cats Eating Only Pellets [ 6 Answers ]

Sirs, I have two cats around one year old.They refuse to eat anything else other than pellets that are meant for dogs and puppies (Pedigree).Sometimes they eat chicken liver or beef liver.They will not touch milk or even fish. Thanks and regards, ...

Carrier heating unit --fan won't work with heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a carrier heating unit installed in 2000... it worked fine since then but now... fan will work if we turn it ON by itself... but if we turn on auto heat then heater goes on (blower like sound) but fan doesn't force the air into the house... if we turn off the heat... fan comes on...

Cost of converting electric heating to gas heating [ 2 Answers ]

I am buying a house with electric heat. I have heard it can be a lot more expensive than gas. What would be the cost of converting the house to gas heating and a/c?

View more questions Search